- Have you wanted to learn about the stars and planets but didn’t know where to start?
- Are you from a school Astronomy club and want to share your love for space?
- Do you and your clubmates want to learn about a topic but don’t know who to ask?
Come share and learn from each other at the School Astronomy Networking Dinner (SAND)!
* * * * *
Date: 24th July 2015 (Friday)
Time: 6.30pm - 9pm (followed by a free Digital Planetarium preview at the Omni Theatre)
Venue: Science Centre Singapore, Herschel Room
The first 45min will be open to Community and School Astronomy groups to do 5-10 min sharing sessions on their clubs, or resources which they are willing to share with others.
We will then split participants up into tables of 6-8 for dinner and a chance to interact with a small group of peers to exchange thoughts, ideas and experiences. Prompter sheets will be provided for each table to assist in discussions and to ensure the greatest takeaway from the experience.
If you and your school wish to do a 5-minute talk about your own Astronomy club or activity experience, please do indicate so when you register!
* * * * *
Things to look forward to
- Sharings by students from JCs, Polytechnics, ITEs, Madrasahs and secondary schools, all of whom have their own fields of expertise
- Meet people from other schools and organizations with different interests and expertise
- Resolution and steps to be taken at the end of the dinner to follow up on exciting ideas
- Experience the Science Centre’s new Digital Planetarium with the whole astronomy community
- Not to forget the new connections and ideas to be brought back to your club or society
* * * * *
Registration is limited to 4 students per school (for IP schools: secondary and JC sections will be counted as separate schools).
For secondary schools and below, you are encouraged to send at least ONE teacher.
There is no limit on number of schools who can register.
Deadline for registration is 17th July 2015.
If cost is of concern, kindly contact us at email@example.com and we will review requests on a case-by-case basis. If you have any other questions, you can also contact us at the above address.