Note: There have been changes to the details of the event. Please take note of the new information.
(For Students in Secondary Schools and Junior Colleges)
Organised by AGASTRO
Dates: 14 to 15 November
Time: 8:30pm - 8:00am
Venue: Woodlands CC, Reading Room @ Level 3
Camping Venue: East Coast Park
Age Group: 12+
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This activity is for age 12 and above.
|8:30pm||Introduction to Leonids||Woodlands CC Reading Room, level 3|
|9:15pm||Board Bus to East Coast Park||Woodlands CC Lobby|
|10:00pm||reach Campsite, stargaze till late||East Coast Park Area D, near CP 1|
|8:00am||Bus back to Woodlands CC|
|9:00am||Reach Woodlands CC|
2. Things to bring – For individual, please bring your ground sheet. There will be nearby 7-eleven and McDonald open 24 hours. A bottle of mineral water and colour star chart will be provided.
3. Transportation – FREE. 2-way shuttle service will be provided from Woodlands CC to East Coast Park Area D and back to Woodlands CC the next morning.
4. Registration – To register, send us an email (email@example.com) with your NAME, NRIC, ADDRESS. As this is a overnight activity, participants who are below 18 need to get their parents to sign the indemnity form. You can request the form via email.
5. Goodies – There will be free goodies (book marks, light sticks, etc) given to registered participants only.
6. Weather Permitting – The stargazing activity is weather permitting. In case of bad weather, we will seek shelter at McDonald.
Do not worry if you are a beginner in stargazing, our astronomers will be happy to answer all your question(s).
We look forward for your participation.